This New Year’s Eve, families all over the world will be gathering together to watch the ball drop. Parents will be jotting down resolutions left and right, ranging from the achievable to the borderline impossible. But what about your kids? Smile Center for Kids in Sunland and Edgemere TX has an idea! It’s the perfect time to teach them about one of the most achievable of New Year’s resolutions: a consistent dental health routine!
If your child is young, they may still be alright with a simple damp cloth to clean their new gums. However, when teeth start to come in, it is time to visit our offices. If we can establish a good dental health baseline for your child, it will be easier to maintain their smile when they’re adults. The best gift you can give them this holiday season is a check-up.
However, if you’re hesitant to ruin the fun of the holidays with a dental appointment, we understand. Here are six steps you can teach your child this New Year’s so they can achieve an easy resolution.
- Brush each and every tooth carefully, but do not apply too much pressure.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Use fluoride rinse.
- Floss carefully, and with proper dental floss, not floss picks!
- Watch out for sugary or brittle holiday foods, and make sure to drink water afterwards.
- When you get home from any gatherings, make sure to brush and floss properly.
Smile Center for Kids in Sunland and Edgemere TX wants you and your children to ring in 2023 with an achievable resolution, and tackle this new year with a brand new smile. We serve satisfied patients in El Paso, Anthony, Socorro, Horizon City, and Canutillo. We offer pediatric and general dentistry. Contact us today!