All About Pediatric Dentistry at Smile Center for Kids
Helping Your Child Love Dental Care
At Smile Center For Kids, we help your children learn how to effectively care for their teeth while showing them that a trip to the dentist can be fun! Our goal is to provide the best possible pediatric dental experience, with a calm and inviting office and a friendly and welcoming team. Many parents choose to have our dentists treat their children because of their ability to deal with all types of child behavior and special needs.
Pediatric Dental Services at Smile Center for Kids
When you visit one of our children’s dentist offices in El Paso, TX, you’ll feel comfortable and relaxed. Our team is caring and friendly and we work hard to create a welcoming and compassionate atmosphere. With years of experience as dentists for kids working with children of all ages, we’ve developed a wide array of pediatric services. The pediatric services we provide are:
- Check-ups and Cleanings: We provide teeth cleaning and regular dental check-ups for children of all ages to help establish a dental home for them to maintain healthy smiles.
Sealants: Children without sealants develop almost three times as many cavities in their first molars as children with sealants. At Smile Center for Kids, we recommend dental sealants for pediatric patients.
- Fluoride: There are many tools we use here at Smile Center For Kids to help fight tooth decay, including the application of topical fluoride treatments. Fluoride makes teeth more resistant to plaque and acid attacks while giving them the raw materials to remineralize quickly.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering we cement onto a damaged or decayed tooth to restore it to its original shape, appearance, and function. The materials we use for crowns at Smile Center for Kids are white zirconia or porcelain for front teeth and stainless steel for back teeth.
- Cavities and Fillings: If your child has a cavity, a filling is a way to restore the damaged tooth to its normal shape and function. The dentist will clean out the tooth decay and add the filling material.
- Infant Dentistry: As soon as your child has a tooth, they’re old enough to see a dentist for kids. Infant dentistry includes assessing your baby’s mouth to make sure everything is healthy and giving you advice for taking care of your baby’s teeth and gums.
- Nitrous Oxide for Children: Laughing gas is one option to help anxious patients relax and feel comfortable during a dental procedure, or even during a routine dental appointment.
- Sedation for Children: We offer a range of sedation options for patients undergoing dental procedures (or for helping with dental anxiety). We may recommend oral conscious sedation, dental sedation, or general anesthesia for your child.
- CO2 Laser lip and tongue tie releases for newborns up to any age, even adults.
Why Come to Smile Center for Kids for Pediatric Dentistry?
The team at Smile Center For Kids is committed to providing both parents and children with an anxiety-free dental experience, no matter what their needs are. We are experienced in working with children of all ages and special needs children. We offer full explanations for anxious parents and kids alike, as well as fun distractions and sedation options.
If you live in or around El Paso, TX, please consider us to be your new children’s dental family. We love serving our local community and we would love to serve you as your children’s dentist. Schedule a first visit for your child with our doctors by calling our Sunland Park Drive location (915) 213-1200 or our Edgemere location (915) 493-6310. We look forward to becoming your partners in ensuring a great start for your child’s dental health journey!