The Opalescence Go Whitening System
Professional Teeth Whitening Removes Dental Stains
At Smile Center for Kids, we offer teeth whitening services. Teeth can become discolored for a wide array of reasons. One is fluorosis, or white or brown spots caused by too much exposure to fluoride while the adult teeth are still developing. Inadequate brushing is another cause of stains, and certain foods and drinks we consume can leave stains on the surface. If a tooth is injured, it could develop an intrinsic stain that is much deeper than the surface.
As a pediatric dental practice, we caution that the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends waiting until at least age 14 to begin any teeth whitening treatments. Incoming adult teeth naturally appear more yellow than baby teeth because the white enamel layer is thinner, so more of the yellow dentin layer is visible. This is the normal color of adult teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening can restore the healthy appearance of the teeth, giving you back the confidence to share your smile. There are many benefits to whitening treatments, including:
- Removing discoloration and stains that can’t be fixed with regular oral hygiene habits.
- Improving your self-esteem. A yellowed or dull smile can make it hard to smile with confidence. Whitening treatments will change that!
- Smile more often. If you’re proud of your smile, you’ll show it off with ease, and some evidence shows that smiling promotes better health.
- Reduce bacteria. The compounds in professional teeth whitening kits do more than just change the color of your teeth; they also kill bacteria.
- Appear younger. In adults, yellow teeth are a common sign of getting older, so whiter teeth can make you look younger.
- It’s quick and easy. The custom trays can be worn in the comfort of your home, with no invasive treatments or procedures. You’ll typically see optimal results within a few weeks.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
The whitening we offer at Smile Center for Kids uses a sticky gel that remains in place and provides sustained release of peroxide to achieve superior whitening results. Molecules from the whitening agent move throughout the tooth enamel and react with discolored molecules, breaking them down and eliminating stains. Our safe, non-invasive whitening method whitens the entire tooth, even where the gel doesn’t come in direct contact.
Opalescence Go Whitening
At our practice, we recommend using the Opalescence Go whitening system, a professional alternative to over-the-counter whitening options. This system is a simple, fast, and great-tasting way to whiten a smile. It does not require impressions or custom trays and is ready to go right out of the package.
Who Is a Candidate for Professional Teeth Whitening Kits?
It is important to wait until your child has all of their adult teeth because whitening treatments before the full set of adult teeth has come in will lead to an uneven whitening result in the long term. Whitening may cause irritation to the gum tissue and increase tooth sensitivity, making it difficult to eat or drink normally.
When safely done and at the right time, professional whitening can be a great way to boost your child’s confidence. Maybe they have dental stains after orthodontic treatment and it’s making it difficult to enjoy their properly aligned smile. Talk to us about the best way to proceed if your teenage child is interested in whitening treatment.
Get Whiter Teeth in El Paso
We offer Opalescence Go because it is a low-cost, simple, effective teeth whitening option for our patients. If you live in El Paso, TX, or the surrounding areas and have questions about whitening your child’s teeth for a special occasion or to remove stains, please give a call to our Sunland Park Drive location at 915-213-1200 or our Edgemere location at 915-493-6310.